Ranchi University has very good infrastructure to facilitate teaching and learning.
- ICT Initiatives of MHRD - Technology Enabled Learning
- Massive Open Online Courses
- View digital courses on TV
- National Digital Library of India
- e-PG Pathshala
- e-ShodhSindhu: Consortium for Higher Education Electronic Resources
i. Number of hostels:02
ii. Number of inmates:210
iii. Facilities Single and three-bedded rooms, kitchen
i. Number of hostels:01
ii. Number of inmates:60
iii. Facilities Single and three bedded-rooms, kitchen
Residential facilities for faculty and non-teaching:192 Quarters for Teaching/non-teaching Staff 72 Quarters for IV Grade non-teaching Staff
Facilities like banking, post office:
Bank -Administrative Campus -: PNB (Oriental Bank of Commerce)
Academic Campus – Central Bank of India
Post Office: Ranchi University Post office, Kanke, Road
The university’s computing facilities i.e., hardware and software.
- Number of systems with individual configurations Over 300 systems are there in the University. These are mostly Core2Duo systems (i3 and i5 Intel processors). The University also has seven servers.
- Dedicated computing facilities
- Wi-Fi facility
- LAN facility - One Core switch, 22 distribution switches
Proprietary software: The examination process uses proprietary software built by MECON India Ltd. for annual pattern Examination and another software for semester pattern examinations.
- Number of nodes/ computers with internet facility - 400 node
- The Library and all the Departments are connected to INFLIBNET Centre, with access to online e-journals from reputed publishers provided by UGC.
- National Knowledge Network: All the University departments and allied offices, including Library, Academic Staff College, and Hostels are connected to NKN providing 1GBPS connectivity speed, under NME-ICT project of the Government of India.
- E-Knowledge and Learning Centre, an extension to Central Library, is ICT-enabled with 24 thin-client nodes and serves as learning space in the University. Seeing the response of the students/scholars the University is planning to increase the facilities.
- The national Knowledge Network facility has been recently provided to the University with 400 nodes. This is used to extend INFLIBNET resources to all the Departments, library, and e-knowledge Centre. This will be used to provide audio-video classroom under A-view classroom programme. About one dozen IP Network Camera, installed at strategic points in the campus, also use NKN network.
Gymnasium One with all the amenities
Volley Ball Court one
National Service Scheme:
There are 8500 volunteers with one NSS programme coordinator at University level and 85 NSSProgramme Officers at College level.
More than a third of the students in Ranchi University belong to SC/ST category. This Cell looks after the special interest of the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Students in admission, appointment, and promotion. A senior tribal faculty member is LiaisonOfficer of the Cell.
Coaching Classes for UGC NET Examination for SC/ST & Minorities sponsored by UGC.
Remedial classes for SC/ST & Minorities who require special care.
Special Care of BPL Students - Two students in BPL category are admitted in each P.G. Dept. in each academic session and are given full free ship and scholarship of Rs. 500/- p.m. Five students on merit basis under BPL category are admitted in each self-financing course in each constituent College and are given full free ship.
1. State of the Art buildings of Institutes of Applied and Basic Sciences, and Humanities
2. Modern, fully equipped, air-conditioned 500-capacity Auditorium
3. Central Library.
4. A large Multipurpose Examination Hall
5. Workstation for Micro-analysis of Census Data, established with the help and sponsorship of Registrar General of India, New Delhi.
6. Academic Staff College(HRDC).
7. In Campus branches of two Nationalised Banks.
8. Computer Centre – This was established with the help of UGC in 1976.
9. Examination Data Processing Cell, for Centralised and Computerised processing of entire examination process – from registration to final Degree printing.
10. National Knowledge Network: All the University departments and allied offices, including Library, Academic Staff College, and Hostels are connected to NKN providing 1GBPS connectivity speed, under NME-ICT project of the Government of India.
11. Placement Cell: A University Placement Cell is actively functioning in the university, particularly for self-financing courses at PG level and Vocational Courses at UG level.
12. e-Learning and Knowledge Centre: This centre is established for students with 25 computer nodes having internet and INFLIBNETaccess.
Some useful sites